PiezoElectric Spark Ignitor

Dark

my

caps

so.

are

would

you

Just like you, Rich! A baling wire and bubble gum solution!

Thanks for the reference. I may do that. Soon as I can find a piece of broken glass and get it about the right size and thickness, without stabbing myself with it. :-/

How did they, centuries ago, get the foil and stuff to stick to the inside and outside of those Leyden jars? :-?

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

I read in alt.binaries.schematics.electronic that "Watson A.Name - \"Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\"" wrote (in ) about 'PiezoElectric Spark Ignitor', on Fri, 16 Sep 2005:

Egg white.

John Woodgate

Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, the Dark Remover" wrote: > How did they, centuries ago, get the foil and stuff to stick to the

How about, the same way Antonio Stradivari got his violins to hold together?

--
St. John
Reply to

Boiled horse?

John Woodgate

Reminds me of that verrrry old tricky (verbal) question: How do you spell 'JOKE'? How do you spell 'POKE'? How do you spell the white of an egg? Many if not most people immediately say 'YOLK'! and then find that they screwed up when they're told it's spelled 'albumen'.

Some vandals threw raw eggs at the wall of a neighbor's house on Halloween, and after it dried it was very difficult to get off. Someone once told me that they used to use it as the binder in paint.

I'm wondering how egg white can dry when it's covered up with aluminum foil. Maybe it doesn't need to.

selection.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

The good electrostatic igniters like like used for lighting gas flames are operated by a lever mechanism and can pack quite a punch, the cheap ones in disposable lighters work with a sort of spring-loaded pile-driver and often the plastic parts of the mechanism fail. and the shock of the hammer hitting the piezo element isn't real good for that part either.

barbecue igniters are much more powerful than the disposable lighter ones too

--

Bye.
   Jasen

I've read that the secret to his violin making was in the shellac he made. But I don't know about the glue. Horsehide glue, I would imagine.

A ham I once knew put up cupboards in his garage with wood glue, and years later (when he moved out) when he took them down, in some places the wood separated not on the glue line, but pulled out chunks of splinters. So the bond can be very strong if the joint is thin.

Yeah, here's a URL that verifies that it's hide glue.

Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Dark

Dark

Everyone knows, Rich, that in France and thereabouts, they don't make tape out of ducks, they _eat_ ducks. ;-)

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

I read in alt.binaries.schematics.electronic that "Watson A.Name - \"Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\"" wrote (in ) about 'PiezoElectric Spark Ignitor', on Mon, 19 Sep 2005:

I'm not sure that Leyden in the Netherlands is 'France and thereabouts', but considering the amount of water around there, duck-eating was probably quite widely practised.

John Woodgate

Unless the ducks ducked into the ducts.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It's pretty popular in China (and Chinatowns worldwide) as well. Those beautiful BBQ ducks hanging in the window along with BBQ pork, cuttlefish and chickens. Pretty good in congee. And, of course, most famous Beijing Duck.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Varnish or other paints seemed to be a popular adhesive in early electrical work.

Artistsmade their own paints using egg whites...

Flour paste would do >>

Reply to
John Ferrell

thereabouts',

Unless the ducks ducked into the ducts.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

(in

make

thereabouts',

It's pretty popular in China (and Chinatowns worldwide) as well. Those beautiful BBQ ducks hanging in the window along with BBQ pork, cuttlefish and chickens. Pretty good in congee. And, of course, most famous Beijing Duck.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

--
"it's the network..."                          "The Journey is the
reward"

Varnish or other paints seemed to be a popular adhesive in earl electrical work

Artistsmade their own paints using egg whites..

Flour paste would do on the short term..

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 22:23:01 GMT, Rich Grise On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:02:08 -0700, Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Dar

Dar

Reply to
John Ferrell

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:31:54 GMT, John Ferrell Gave us:

"Foil" back then was a lot thicker and held its form much better. It was likely lead foil as well. So at some point, I'm sure it was coated onto the sides of the inside of the jar.

Reply to
NunYa Bidness

yeah, on everything but the spelling of metre litre etc... :)

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

thereabouts',

Weren't the Quackers just a bunch of Huguenots from France? ;-P

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

NIST,

Well, you go to Mexico, and they spell it litros, etc. Oh, well..

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th