PDA/Cellular data cable sources?

I am wondering who the suppliers of the cable ends are that permit phones to connect to laptops and PDAs? If I were to change phones/PDAs over time, I could start to build my own bridge between PDA/phone by buying the cable cheap directly from the supplier.

Anyone have any leads?

Thanks.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Ehrlich

I use the Elco (part of AVX) connector on a unit I designed (rugged XDA)

20-9157-015-001-001. This is part of a (reasonably enough) matching pair. The matching part starts with 10 instead of 20.

It's the same sort of thing you see on Nokia phones, but the phone manufacturers appear to get custom connectors (which they can afford to do when they make a few million) on many occasions.

Hope that helps

PeteS

Reply to
PeterSmith1954