OT: PAT2PDF Site Now Charges

That nice PAT2PDF site that Win found now charges... $5 for a one-time visit, $30 and up per month for more involved downloading.

...Jim Thompson

-- The suespammers.org mail server is located in California. So are all my other mailboxes. Please do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited commercial e-mail to my suespammers.org address or any of my other addresses. These are my opinions, not necessarily my employer's. I hate spam.

Reply to
Hal Murray

That site has "funny" words on it, like Cygwin, bash, lynx... ;-)

Just install AlternaTIFF. In my case I have Acrobat, so I can print to a PDF if I want.

...Jim Thompson

Yes, bummer, way more than Delphion charges, totally crazy!!! But now we can just go use

 Thanks,
    - Win

 (email: use hill_at_rowland-dotties-org for now)
Reply to
Winfield Hill

Now, THAT is COOL! Thanks, much friendlier than using Alterna for each page individually.

Reply to
Oppie

I just typed a number in at random (654,345). It sure works nicely, though the inventor of this particular patent (a Mr. Wiley P.Enis of Booneville Mississippi) probably got some kidding in his youth.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I read in sci.electronics.design that Spehro Pefhany wrote (in ) about 'OT: PAT2PDF Site Now Charges', on Thu, 16 Sep 2004:

Could it be remotely possible that the name is not a real one? However, my Dutch dictionary was REALLY edited by Dr. F P H Prick van Wely.

John Woodgate

Actually this is probably a real name, I understand that Wiley Coyote is named after him!

Reply to
Clarence

I read in sci.electronics.design that Clarence wrote (in ) about 'OT: PAT2PDF Site Now Charges', on Thu, 16 Sep 2004:

If my name was Wylie P. Enis, I'd *change* it to Wylie Coyote!

It is alleged that a Mr and Mrs Peacock wanted to christen their son 'Andrew', until the vicar tactfully mentioned the problem.

John Woodgate

Someone should write a simple script that operates while you are in the PTO boolean (advanced serarch) from the point of getting the intro HTML page prior to advancing to each subesquent page of the patent. I have to review over a hundred patents a month and I would gladly pay for a program that would just load each page and convert them into a single DOC or PDF. I use "Snagit" to pull prior art PN's off each patent to do further searches on thier findings but a little utility that locates prior art PN's and sorts them into a secondary follow up search would be really cool.

Reply to
Product developer

I posted one last week in a.b.s.e. Only tested with Linux, but would work with cygwin under Windows, I believe. You can pay me if you like :-)

Reply to
Clifford Heath