memory problem

i have an old computer mainboard and it boots to DOS fine. but there's only one problem. It always displays memory test fail.its memory slot supports SIMM. I tried it with other SIMM but it doesn't recognize them. I tried its original memory to other board but it is OK. now it only display 5 KB on the screen. this problem prevents me from installing even Win 95. it sometimes works fine w/ Dos but i prefer Win application now.is my mainboard defective already? Please give me suggestions on how to deal with this kind of problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ps. its bios is AWARD.

ian

Reply to
cheian07

go into the bios and to see where the problem is, disable all IDE ports. If it then boots you got a problem with the IDE ports. Try same for floppy ports

Reply to
ryan wiehle