Impedance Matching Problem

Hello,

I have a impedance matching problem that I need help with.

I have a 1Mb data transmission system that is designed to work with 100-150 ohm cable, We would like to use it on 55 ohm cable.

If anyone thas has a good understanding of transmission line theory and would like to help out (I can probably pay for time of the problem is solvable) please e-mail me.

To e-mail me please change the z characters to o characters and the hat symbol to a at symbol. itmaster2001^yahzz.cz.uk (hopfully mailbots ar not that bright yet)

Thanks

Reply to
Openhiemer

It would be much cheaper to get the right type of cable. You would not want to pay out the time for an engineer to do the R&D then the design for the conversion. This would have to be done with an active design in order to be efficient. When converting impedances, there will always be some type of return loss.

Order yourself the proper cable and do the job right, especially if this is for a client.

--

JANA _____

I have a impedance matching problem that I need help with.

I have a 1Mb data transmission system that is designed to work with 100-150 ohm cable, We would like to use it on 55 ohm cable.

If anyone thas has a good understanding of transmission line theory and would like to help out (I can probably pay for time of the problem is solvable) please e-mail me.

To e-mail me please change the z characters to o characters and the hat symbol to a at symbol. itmaster2001^yahzz.cz.uk (hopfully mailbots ar not that bright yet)

Thanks

Reply to
Jana

You can match the impedance easily with a simple resistive network, but at the cost of a significant loss in signal level.

As someone has already posted, your best bet would be to purchase a cable having the designed-for impedance.

Harry C.

Reply to
hhc314

If you can't change the cable then the easiest way will be probably to use transformers at each end of the line to do the impedance matching. As far as I remember to do a 1 to 2 impedance adaptation then the turn ratio of the transformer should be 1:1.414. And theoritically the losses will be zero.

Cheers,

-- Robert Lacoste ALCIOM - The mixed signal experts

"Openhiemer" a écrit dans le message de news: Xns9622BFF6B58BDopenhamermicrosoftco@158.152.254.254...

Reply to
Robert Lacoste