JTAG Programming Problem

Hi,

I am trying to implement the PCI Brige in a Spartan II board (XC2S200). The problem is when I try to program the board I got that error:

ERROR:iMPACT:583 - '1': The idcode read from the device does not match the idcode in the bsdl File.

I read from the manual that I need to associate the ISO PROM with a dummy.mcs file or a .bsd file to allow the JTAG programming software to pass data through the ISP PROM. I don't know how to that to resolved my problem. If someone know how to resolve the problem please help me.

Thank you Jorge

Reply to
Jorge

Jorge,

I had this error once. If the ID code has many '1's, and this is the first time you try programming the board, this could be a board / signal integrity problem. Hope this helps.

Vladislav

Reply to
Vladislav Muravin

problem is when I try to program the board I got that error:

idcode in the bsdl File.

file or a .bsd file to allow the JTAG programming software to pass data through the ISP PROM. I don't know how to that to resolved my problem. If someone know how to resolve the problem please help me.

Jorge, When Impact asks you to associate a file with the PROM, click the "BYPASS" button in the file open dialog. This eliminates the need for a dummy .MCS file for the PROM. I found that when Impact starts up, it does not scan the chain, you must do this manually by right-clicking an empty space in the Impact window and choosing "Initialize Chain". Hope this helped! -Jim

Reply to
Jim George

problem is when I try to program the board I got that error:

idcode in the bsdl File.

dummy.mcs file or a .bsd file to allow the JTAG programming software to pass data through the ISP PROM. I don't know how to that to resolved my problem. If someone know how to resolve the problem please help me.

Also, don't start several instances of the Impact program. Only the first one will recognize the cable.

MB [at least for me, with spartan3 starter kit and parallel cable, 6.3]

--
Michel BILLAUD                  billaud@labri.fr
LABRI-Université Bordeaux I     tel 05 4000 6922 / 05 5684 5792