I2C programmer wanted

I need to send 4 bytes to a frequency synthesiser chip with an I squared C interface. I am a hardware engineer and not capable of writing PC applications etc. A convenient way would seem to run some code on my laptop to squirt out some bits via the serial or parallel port. Can anyone point me towards a source of such code?

TIA

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

You'll have to 'frig' the serial or parallel interface to do this by 'bit banging' it. I2C just has 2 lines for its interface. As for programming, I know how to write an I2C driver for embedded uCs but using a parallel or serial port on a PC is another matter.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

linux has an I2C module apparrently capable of communicating via parallel port. (I've never used it) the documentation includes a simple schematic.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

"Bob Minchin" schreef in bericht news:t3Cig.7215$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-win.ntli.net...

Bob,

Guess this appnote will do:

petrus bityter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Try

serial to i2c/spi/1wire chips, dip format and fairly cheap. They also have a couple of test jig programs and various dev hardware.

Cheers, Mike

Pooh Bear wrote:

Reply to
Kat

Thank you Petrus, this is just what I need.

best regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

squared

'bit

Thanks Mike, a good suggestion but the idea from Petrus works out really cheap so i'll give that a try first.

Best regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin