I don't understand!

I am an idiot when it comes to computers. Can somebody please help me. I just got bought a brand new laptop and am trying to install "Kodak Easy Share" to upload my pictures. I am in the process of installing this free software and then this screen popped up saying "all devices using this software will be removed. do you wish to continue?" What does this mean? Will this erase important things on my computer??

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Reply to
mymaria

I think that warning is in case this isn't a first time install. eg if you have any existing devices (cameras) configured to work with the Easy Share. Since this is a brand new install it's most likely not applicable to you so should be ok to continue.

Google suggests other people aren't impressed with the way the installation of Kodak Easy Share went for them.

Reply to
CWatters

You're not too good at selecting an appropriate newsgroup to post questions to either.

Since you went to Google to post this, you could have just put your search terms into their search engine.

The sci.electronics.* hierarchy is about circuits and doesn't deal with general-purpose software.

The comp.* hierarchy deals with computer stuff.

Using your email address as a username is pretty foolish as well.

JeffM