ISE 6.1 Dies Out of the Gate

I just installed ISE 6.1 and tried to start a new project. The program responded by immediately crashing (several times, same result). Anybody else experience this?

Reply to
Tom Seim

Marc Guardiani

XP Home. I have since been advised to turn off virus scanning (McAfee in my case) during installation. I have done this, resulting in mixed success. Now the project nav starts ok, but if I try to launch coregen it fails. I have gone thru NUMEROUS uninstalls/installs with 2 different computers running 2000 and XP Home without success. I did an install on a virgin laptop running XP PRO w/o problems. I am in touch with tech support and will advise on the outcome.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Seim

I had a problem with ISE6.1 not opening on Windows XP Home. I read your posting and turned off the Auto-Protect mode of the Norton Anti-virus. That solved the problem. ISE6.1 opens and works OK with the Anti-virus Auto-Protect mode OFF. ISE6.1 works correctly on Windows XP PRO with the Auto-Protect mode ON. Thanks for your help, Bill Hanna

Reply to
Bill Hanna