ISE 6.1 Dies Out of the Gate

I just installed ISE 6.1 and tried to start a new project. The program
responded by immediately crashing (several times, same result).
Anybody else experience this?

Re: ISE 6.1 Dies Out of the Gate
What OS are you using? Xilinx dropped NT support with version 5.1i (even
though it worked). Now with 6.1i I can't get Impact or Core Generator to
run.

Re: ISE 6.1 Dies Out of the Gate

XP Home. I have since been advised to turn off virus scanning (McAfee
in my case) during installation. I have done this, resulting in mixed
success. Now the project nav starts ok, but if I try to launch coregen
it fails. I have gone thru NUMEROUS uninstalls/installs with 2
different computers running 2000 and XP Home without success. I did an
install on a virgin laptop running XP PRO w/o problems. I am in touch
with tech support and will advise on the outcome.

Tom

Re: ISE 6.1 Dies Out of the Gate

     I had a problem with ISE6.1 not opening on Windows XP Home. I
read your posting and turned off the Auto-Protect mode of the Norton
Anti-virus.  That solved the problem. ISE6.1 opens and works OK with
the Anti-virus Auto-Protect mode OFF.  ISE6.1 works correctly on
Windows XP PRO with the Auto-Protect mode ON.
  Thanks for your help,
Bill Hanna

Site Timeline