How to condemn a 1/4 female connector

I have a public amplifier with one input 1/4 female connector that I want to condemn so that nobody will be able to connect a male connector into it. But the problem is that I can not take this female connector off the amplifier. Is there any secure/appropriate way to condemn the female connector? I do not want to put some glue or silicon inside the hole... Thanks for any suggestion.

Reply to
Robijean

--- Get a piece of 1/4" diameter brass or copper rod about 3/4" long and turn or file one end of it down so it looks like the business end of a 1/4" phone plug, then plug it in. No one will be able to plug into the hole, and no one will be able to get it out without taking the cover off of the amp. If you wanted to get slick, you could drill and tap the other end and then, if you wanted to remove it without taking off the cover, all you'd have to do would be to screw a proper screw into the end of the rod and pull it out.

-- John Fields Professional Circuit Designer

Reply to
John Fields

I very much like John's idea. Except I would use a non-conductor instead of e.g. brass or copper.

Reply to
Michael

--
The reason for it to be conductive is that you want to short out the
input in order to minimize hum pickup.  Chances are, if you look at

I would purchase a 1/4 stereo headphone plug remove the sheath and break off the terminals so they won't contact anything. You can then put a blob of silicon over the contacts so they don't touch anything. Then if you need the input you can simply unplug the jack. Else try a wooden golf T.

Reply to
Echo