Help...Overall Abbreviations Reference

I have searched and searched the internet and, surprisingly, am having a hard time finding a site that lists the meanings of electronics abbreviations.

Does anyone know of a site that lists what the abbreviations stand for, such as

Vz = Zener voltage Io = Output current Vpp = Voltage peak-to-peak et cetra...et cetra

We all know there's lots of abbreviations, but does any one site list them all???? Someone out there HAS to know.

Thanks!

Reply to
Bill Jenkins

I did a search and these are a few good ones that I came up with. The search criteria was { electronic terminology abbreviations }. Do not use the {} symbols in the search.

Dictionary of popular electronics abbreviations

Excellent electronics dictionary

Radio Definitions

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg       GLG Technologies GLG
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jerry G.

Hiya!

There's even different meaning for the same abbreviation. In the world of EPROMS, Vpp means the programming voltage.

Yours, Mark.

Bill Jenk> I have searched and searched the internet and, surprisingly, am having

Reply to
Mark (UK)

Make your own up, as long as you define what you mean them to mean or use them in the right context then what's the problem?

The vertical stripe separation as applied to a Zebra, Vz, may be used to characterise the breed stock......

The perigee of Io, Iomin, is..... The apogee, Iomax, is.... The avarage is assumed to be Io.

The past participal of the Verb, Vpp.....

Pedants might have serious problems with your spelling of et cetra

DNA

Reply to
Genome

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be spelled "ate citrus", orange you?

--
John Fields
Reply to

He probably also uses bat trees in his flashlight. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

He uses batteris

Reply to
GPG

A big trick to searching is how to drive the search engine.

For any abbreviation, acronym or other term I don't know that's not in a regular dictionary (such as m-w.com), I go to google and type:

  • +glossary For example:
+fubar +glossary +Vpp +glossary This inevitably brings up many sites with related terms.

And of course you may learn that "standard" abbreviations may actually mean something else in a specific context, such as this link from that last google search:

I think using Vpp in that way is bad practice, but they didn't ask me.

-----

Ben Bradley

I don't know any site that has them all. Yopu can find a searh engine with over 15000 of them at

The fields are electronics, telecom, computers, audio, video etc...

--
Tomi Engdahl (http://www.iki.fi/then/)
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tomi Holger Engdahl

Or Voltage, Programming Pulse.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

Pick up a used "Handbook Of Electronic Tables & Formulas" (Howard Sams) or similar for $5 or $10 and keep it at hand. You can go to

or abebooks.com to compare prices from different sellers. Try to get a newer, more current edition.

Reply to
Watson A.Name "Watt Sun - the