HELP! My Amp is Fried!

Hey All... I have a Pioneer VSX-D411 AV Receiver and all it does is blink "AMP ERR" a couple of times then power off... Any tips?

Thanks!

Reply to
Logie

Probably an output IC blown, it's quite common on that model. There's two in there, one has 3 channels, the other has 2 channels. One is

47.18 list, plus freight, the other is 44.28 plus freight. You'll need to determine which one is bad, and replace it. Maybe not a job for a do-it-yourself-er or first-timer; much disassembly and soldering etc involved.

Problem is, paying a shop to do it is probably too expensive for this model.

Mark Z.

"Logie"  wrote in message
> Hey All...
> I have a Pioneer VSX-D411 AV Receiver and all it does is blink "AMP ERR" a
> couple of times then power off... Any tips?
>
> Thanks!

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias