Go Red Sox!

MIT influence....

Of course the Series win was really because the idiotic management of the Phoenix Diamondbacks traded Kurt Schilling to the Red Sox :-)

...Jim Thompson

No, it was that age old adage that even a blind squirrel finds an occasional acorn.

FInally, even the sad sack Boston Red Sox ran out of dopey ways to loose. It could happen to anyone who had as many chances as they have had. It was simply a matter of mathmatical statistics, nothing more than that

John

Reply to
uvcceet

Now that they are "world" champions, do you think maybe they could afford razors and haircuts?

John

Or as I put it recently, "The sun must shine on the dogs ass once in a while.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

Don't ask me, I'm not one of the freaks who require Agent or whatever standalone reader.

Tim

Tim Williams

?????

You just complained about someone using mozilla to read the news.

-Chuck Harris

Reply to
Chuck Harris

with

and

weekly.

Once a clone of M$ Exchange is available, OE is cooked. With a utility that will extract your data from MICROS~1's proprietary format I can't imagine anyone with half a brain using that virus vector any more.

The number of folks who are switching from MSIE to Moz is reassuring. It was the rare occasion when IE lasted for me for 3 days without crashing

--often much, much less (that was years ago). I use the Seamonkey suite 1.7.2 (one release back) and it does have a memory leak, so I have to shut it down now and then, but it's orders of magnitude over what I got from IE.

What sold me was the configurability. I tried Firefox, but they removed some of the options and that bugged me. The HTML editor (Composer) is handy for touching up pages for printing. What I really love are the plug-ins, especially DownloadWith, FlashBlock, and AdBlock.

Seamonkey:

FireFox:

JeffM

You misspelled "prefer".

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Hmm, I musta forgot to attach it. LOL. Well I'm reading on ABSE, so quictcherbitchin... (in fact, Charter won't let me post attachments to non-binaries anyway).

HTML;

Security is the funniest thing, since I've passed more (namely, all) tests that several proprietary browsers some friends of mine use, failed!

Not an issue if you use IE. :^)

AFAIK, IE can be removed from all Windows, if with some difficulty. I have no need nor want to try.

Tim

Tim Williams

you are obviously a much more advanced user than I. I never download any software, and I try not to upgrade things either. My previous PC ran for

4 years with no changes whatsoever, before succumbing to HDD failure.

I have PC people who get things working for me, then I leave them the hell alone. And I never implement M$ patches - the last time I tried I got the blue screen of death (luckily it all started up again).

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

printing.

either...

If you print Web pages, I highly recommend AdBlock. Since I started using it, pages load much more quickly on a slow connection and display more compactly because (unlike the native Image Manager, which leaves blank spaces where the images should be

--and wastes time and bandwidth downloading them) AdBlock closes up the gaps. I hardly ever have to edit a page any more to get a nice printout.

Since 99.99% of Macromedia stuff on sites is junk (ads and stuff that doesn't need to be animated, in a proprietary format--or even there), FlashBlock saves me from having to try to read stuff with some flashing crap beside it. It leaves me the option of actually seeing a Flash presentation,

**if I choose**.
Reply to
JeffM

I havent got that flash stuff enabled. As you say, its mostly crap.

I just wish I had a switch to block HTML emails

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given