DVD/CD eye pattern, TI SP3727A

Is it normal on a DVD player that the test point for the eye pattern will be the same point for DVD and CD. I am messing with a PS2 and lots of websites show the eye pattern test point but all the PS2s I've looked at give a sensible pattern for the CD but not the DVD laser even on a fully functional one.

If anyone has a link for the datasheet for the Texas Instruments SP3727A I could answer my own question.

Reply to
Mjolinor

be

websites