CCD camera

I would like to build a high-speed camera, say 500 to 1000 frames/sec. I wonder if its possible with a CCD chip. Say 320x200 resolution, 8 bits per pixel, would make a good starting point. Does anybody know of a source of CCD chips that are available with a demo board? Any other comments on design issues? Thanks

--
Bill Chernoff
Reply to

I was only aiming for a few seconds of storage at a time. Maybe into SRAM. I thought shifting the data out of the CCD into the A/D , and the A/D conversion time would be the problem .

What is the difference between progressive scan and area scan?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Chernoff

Yep, whats the data rate, how will you store it. One frame is 64KB! Thats a lot of data at a continuous digitised rate. The HDTV camera dudes are playing with flash cards, 8 GB I think, and this will give 4 mins at normal film frame rates. Not cheap I did have a couple of urls, but I've lost them, but Sponsored google found this

martin

After the first death, there is no other. (Dylan Thomas)

Reply to
martin griffith