Computer Things

Hey all, I was looking to buy a computer, most preferably a laptop, but the prices were absolutely ridiculous. I was thinking about building my own desktop, which I could. I can make a computer better than DELL XPS for a cheaper price. But then again, I really want a laptop. I was wondering if there is any way to build a laptop by myself?

Another question: I may be buying a laptop from Gateway, which is pretty good and the price floats around $1.300. The thing is, it only has a 40GB internal hard drive (with more than 40GB it would be too pricy). So, are external hard drives used only for backing up, or can I also use them as a normal hard drive, to install/play games on, to surf the web on, etc?

Thanks!

Reply to
m.cornea.h

you can use them as regular hard drives. Unless yoour lapto has an external SATA connector the external drive will be slower than the internal.

you also need to find power to run the external, and lug it around.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

I don't think you can build a desktop for less than a dell, get the least expensive dell and trick it out, memory, hdrive, etc.

Reply to
James Douglas