8 Hz Sine Wave

Hi,

How can I create a 8Hz Sine Wave 220 volts signal. If I convert the AC 220 volts to DC. Will I still get 220 volts? So what's the smallest circuit or device that can make 8Hz sine wave out of the 220 volts DC. Thanks.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

At how many amps?

--
John Miller
email domain: n4vu.com; username: jsm(@)

Any amperage will do. I guess the steps I must take is to put some diode to make the 220 volts 60 hz becoming dc 220 volts. Then put some circuit to make it produce 8Hz. Right?

What's the schematics of the circuit. As simple as possible. Thanks.

Dave

You can use a phase shift oscillator to get the 8 Hz sinewave. Then amplify it to your power level. At this frequency, a transformer will be quite large even for low power. It might be easier to use a 220VDC power supply and a high voltage transistor.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

will

220VDC

What would be the input voltage to use with the Phase shift oscillator. Let me know which is a better idea.

  1. Use line power 220 volts AC
  2. Use diode and turn it to 220 Volts DC (Direct Current)
  3. Use phase shift oscillator to turn it to 8Hz 220 volts Sine Wave

or

  1. Use 12 volts DC from car battery
  2. Use phase shift oscillator to turn it in to 12 volts 8Hz Sine Wave
  3. Amplify the 12 volts AC to 220 volts AC 8 Hz (?)

Tnx.

Dave

Reply to
Dave