Zynq devices, boards and suppliers

Or maybe they're preparing something much more expensive...

Tom Gardner

I'd like to make a couple of comments based on my experience, in the hope they might be helpful to other netizens.

In the end I purchased an Avnet MicroZed and JTAG cable in January. The ordering process was smooth but the delivery wasn't. An email confirmed the stated 3 week delay for the MicroZed, and that the JTAG cable /was/ in stock. However, the next day the website showed an 18(!) delay until May. I quickly cancelled the now out of stock JTAG cable, and the MicroZed turned up in March, after maybe 8 weeks.

That is unacceptable and makes me unlikely to choose to use Avnet as a distributor.

More positively, the MicroZed documentation and support have been exemplary; the potential concerns I raised in the note below haven't been bourne out. Indeed Avnet have expanded their range and appear to be making concerted efforts to make a business in this area.

So far I have /no/ concerns about having chosen to use a MicroZed, although nowadays I would probably choose to use the MicroZed SBC board variant.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I'd really like to buy a microzed. $199 in USA, but buy from Europe for an eye watering $321. The checkout page gives Dollars and Euros so I can't see any form of typo.

Colin

Reply to
colin

I bought from the US. Costs were: - $199 MicroZed - $48 shipping (Fedex)

Reply to
Tom Gardner

sometimes I wonder whether the shipping cost rip-off is organized. It is possible to ship at very low cost - Xess, Numato, Papilio prove that. But then, try to order a BeMicro CV (or many other Altera boards) to Europe. Shipping costs about as much as the board itself, everywhere.

mnentwig