XUPV2P serial connection through serial-to-usb cable

Hi,

I'm trying to test the golden PROM configuration on my XUP Virtex II Pro board. Trouble is that I'm not able to use the serial interface to carry out Built-In Self Tests.

I'm using a serial-to-usb cable to connect the board's RS232 port to my USB port. I installed usb2serial drivers from Prolific. Now in hyperterminal I can see the BIST menu when I switch on the board, but it doesn't accept my input and doesn't proceed with the tests and doesn't produce any more output than the initial menu.

I've set the baud rate and parity etc as said in the XUP manual. Do I have to configure anything else? because I've kept the default terminal emulation options in hyperterminal connection settings.

Rhishikesh

Reply to
Rhishi

Your problem may be different, but...

Test your "prolific" adapter before connecting it to the XUP. I went through at least a dozen of that brand before I found 4 that worked. (In other words, 75% were bad, brand new in the wrapper.)

G.

Reply to
ghelbig