Xilinx platform flash data sheet confusion (ds123) for clocking

page 21 schematic shows "CLK" driving the FPGAs, but note 5 say "CLKOUT" is used to drive the FPGA's CLK input, any clue which is correct?

Reply to
fpga_toys

Note 5 says there are two ways to drive CCLK. The schematic shows an external oscillator (using dotted lines) to show one way. The other method is not shown in the schematic. The CLK pin of the XCFxxS is an input. CLKOUT is only available on the larger parts (8 Mbits up).

Reply to
Gabor

Which is what I presumed when I did the layout, and it means that the schematic is wrong, IE should have CLKOUT for PROM 0, since the schematic implies that is an output, and the note should say that it's wired to CLK for the optional configuration with an external clock.

Gabor wrote:

Reply to
fpga_toys