Xilinx MIG 1.6 doesn't launch

Hi there,

I've recently installed the Xilinx ISE toolset so that I can play with the Memory Interface Generator. I followed the readme and installed ISE 8.1i,

8.1i_SP3 and then MIG 1.6. When I open CORE Generator and select MIG from the drop down list nothing happens. I get the "Customise" and "View Data Sheet" links but when I click on them nothing happens.

Is there another download that I've missed or is the Xilinx software just flaky?

Thanks.

Your name

Appologies for the missing information. I am running on win32 so it's not the obvious.

Shareef. "Sylvain Munaut " wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Shareef

You don't say on what platform your are. If it's not win32, then it's normal, MIG is only for windows.

If you're on win32, I have no idea then ...

Sylva> Hi there,

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

Your name schrieb:

browse where the mig is installed, somewhere deep deep you find some batch files, those start MIG OK, but you may need to modify the .in files to get the projects settings right

fromt the coregen gui mig 1.6 doesnt want to start :(

Antti

Reply to
Antti

I've found that MiG 1.6 only supports Virtex5. It does support the other families internally (i.e., you can create cores for those families), but if your CoreGen-project is set to something other than V5, MiG won't start up because some GUI-setting suggests MiG is only compatible with V5.

I had to start up MiG manually from the installation directory:

%XILINX%\coregen\ip\xilinx\other\com\xilinx\ip\mig_v1_6\bin\nt

contains batch-scripts to start it up. You might have to create a new one that sets the project to your specific part.

cu, Sean

Reply to
Sean Durkin

What family are you targeting?

I think there is a mistake in mig_v1_6.xml file. If you view it, you can find a following line: virtex5

In version 1.5 it is: spartan3 spartan3e virtex4

Some time ago I tried to add other families to a 1.6 version .xml file and it worked fine for Spartan3.

--
Regards
RobertP.

Hi,

Can you verify the following:

  1. %xilinx%coregen\ip\xilinx\other\com\xilinx\ip ------------ This folder should have a folder mig_v1_6

  1. %xilinx%coregen\ip\xilinx\other --------------------------- This folder should have mig_v1_6.xml file it has all the settings needed by coregen.

MIG has been working well with Coregen. Make sure to also check the Xilinx answer record 23787 - it talks about the ISE versions required for MIG 1.6.

Let us know how this goes.

Thanks, Nagesh

RobertP. wrote:

Reply to