Xilinx GTP_DUAL: wizard or code ?

I am using for the first time a Xilinx RocketIO module (I have years of FPGA experience though); normally I prefer to explicitly write on my code all the instatiations. Manual UG196 says:" The RocketIO GTP Transceiver Wizard is the preferred tool to generate a wrapper to instantiate a GTP_DUAL primitive."

Any experience and advice about coding vs wizard in the case of RocketIO ?

My application requires to use the GTP for a simple but non-standard protocol (8b/10b with a custom packet).

Regards,

Tullio Grassi Fermilab

Reply to
tullio

Its not just about instantiation. More than that, choosing the right values for the parameters as GTP has large number of parameters.

GTP wizard helps you to setup the required values for parameters based on applications. Eg. SATA, PCIe.

However, from my experience - Some parameter's default values from GTP wizard may not work good for you. Need a code chage in this case.

Reply to
muthusnv