Xilinx 10.1 service-pack error: ./setup: line 41: 1472 Segmentation fault

On my Centos 5.2 (x86 32-bit) Linux box, I've noticed a problem with the

10.1 service-packs. If I unzip to a directory called "/tmp/x/", then try to run ./setup, the installer gives me this error-message. [root@centos52 x]# ./setup ./setup: line 41: 1472 Segmentation fault $setuploc/bin/lin/xilinxupdate

But, If I use a longer temp directory name, like '/tmp/blahblahblah/', then it works?FINE. This happens with the ISE_IP update and the EDK_10_1_2 update...

is this one of those Linux/Centos quirks, or an install-package bug?

Reply to
root