Which decides my design's max frequency?

Hi,

If I have done a circuit design and I want to use it in an acutal environment, I want to my chip to run as fast as possible but what is the max value, which determines it?

Thanks a lot.

Binary Chen

Reply to
Binary

fmax = 1/(Tcq+Tgate+Troute+Tsetup) for the slowest path between registers.

A post-route static timing analysis will measure this for your design.

--Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler