What is the name of the circuit structure that generates a state machine's jumping signals?

at the signal must appear during the synthesization.

Again you are mistaken except for the special case of a one-hot encoded sin gle input state machine. Post the source code for something other than tha t type of state machine that you have actually used along with the synthesi s result that produces the S0_C1 signal to provide evidence otherwise you'r e just making baseless, incorrect statements again.

Kevin

Reply to
KJ

Even if the patents are useful they wouldn't make it into any language standard...because they are patented. You don't understand how language standards happen, they are not going to take in anything claimed as proprietary.

So you're saying that Google reviewed your patents and did not find any value for them as a company. If the patents are so useful shouldn't you be mentioning which companies DID license your patents?

Kevin

Reply to
KJ

..

To do a bit of nitpicking, they do (have to for timing optimisations) and I am not talking about a wire-load model. High-end synthesis tool offer what is called Physical Aware Synthesis (PAS). What they do is to run an internal placer (or use the P&R vendors version) and use that to estimate the timing to a surprising degree of accuracy. Apparently they do not need to run the actual routing as this is not required for a good estimate.

I would say that for modern FPGA's the routing is normally the timing killer (on my designs routing delay >2x logic delay). I guess this is the reason products like Plunify (no affiliation) are so successful.

Regards, Hans

HT-Lab

:

its:

y were one-cycle logic.

f 3 entities I have developed as a wave-pipelining circuit library.

determined wave-constants passing to the entity.

into new HDL standard.

-cycle logic, but other logic relating to the wave-pipelining parts are the same and classified into 3 categories that leads to 3 entities.

timing analysis, what exactly do your libraries do? What are your three en tities?

ming of an FPGA circuit??? Timing is determined as much by the routing as it is the logic elements. So it is up to the chip vendor's place and route tools to get that right. This would not be an easy task to accomplish.

as important as maximum delays in FPGA logic. It is hard to tell if you c ould ever get this to work across the three variables of timing, process, v oltage and temperature. Every chip will vary. Each board with slightly di fferent PS voltages will vary. Every operating temperature will vary. For a wave pipeline to work all of the inputs to the delay equation have to re sult in a very small window of delay variation.

Nowadays every company has the technology. Based on my knowledge, even Chin ese Huawei cellphone company uses the technology comfortably.

he technology. Nowadays any variations of temperatures, routine delays and voltages are well known and calculated.

The 8087 is not an FPGA. Nothing you have said addresses the fundamental l imitations to using wave-pipelining in FPGAs. It doesn't matter if you can calculate the delay variation from PVT or routing. Knowing it isn't the p roblem, controlling it is. There is nothing the user can do about PVT so i t is a variable that blurs the arrival time of the signal to the actual FF. When that blurring becomes wider than a clock cycle you have to slow the clock. Processing variations will likely be the largest contributor and th ere is nothing to be done about it until they start binning chips for a spe ed range rather than just maximums.

The other issue that has been pointed out to you is that in FPGAs there are typically an excess of FFs RIGHT NEXT to the LUTs. So if you save FFs by wave-pipelining you have done little if anything. Perhaps a small amount o f power.

Rick C.

- Get 6 months of free supercharging - Tesla referral code -

gnuarm.deletethisbit

:

timing analysis, what exactly do your libraries do? What are your three en tities?

ming of an FPGA circuit???

I'd love to know more about that. If they don't know the routing in the en d design how can they know the timing? I don't know how you would "estimat e" the timing. In particular, the timing required by wave-pipelining would be much more detailed than in regular design requiring limits on the minim um AND maximum delays of *each path*, not just logic.

I can't see how this would be possible, much less practical in any real wor ld design other than regular structures like multipliers, etc.

. This would not be an easy task to accomplish.

as important as maximum delays in FPGA logic. It is hard to tell if you c ould ever get this to work across the three variables of timing, process, v oltage and temperature. Every chip will vary. Each board with slightly di fferent PS voltages will vary. Every operating temperature will vary. For a wave pipeline to work all of the inputs to the delay equation have to re sult in a very small window of delay variation. >

Rick C.

  • Get 6 months of free supercharging + Tesla referral code -
gnuarm.deletethisbit

..

Unfortunately I don't have much info on this, perhaps somebody else on this ng knows how it all works. I suspect that placement will allow you to identified the long tracks and congested areas, a wire-load model can then be used for final bits.

I agree, but I was not talking about wave-pipelining, just regular synthesis.

Regards, Hans

HT-Lab