What is the name of Altera latest and most advanced chip serial that is competable in technology with Vertex V in terms of system strucute(LUT6...)

Hi, I would like to know what is the name of Altera latest and most advanced chip serial that is competable in technology with Xilinx Vertex V in terms of system strucute(LUT6..., not 65nm).

Thank you.

Weng

Reply to
Weng Tianxiang

You won't have an identical mapping between manufacturers.

The Altera Stratix-II, Stratix-III, and Arria GX families should all implement their ALM structures which can provide full LUT6 results in a structure shared between two registers. The Xilinx LUT6 is per-register for the Virtex-5. Your serial speed or specific interface requirements may eliminate the Arria GX from consideration, but this very new family is cheaper for production than the more flexible Stratix series devices.

Do a little reading on the Altera families and get to know them on your own. It could be that your needs don't map to our assumptions on what you really need. The family overviews shouldn't take a significant amount of your time. FAEs may also provide you with pertinent data.

- John_H

Reply to
John_H

Hi John_H, Based on your suggestion I thought it is Stratix-III I want.

"Your serial speed or specific interface requirements may eliminate Arria GX from consideration, but this very new family is cheaper for production than the more flexible Stratix series devices."

Thank you very much.

Weng

Reply to
Weng Tianxiang