VirtexII : XC2V2000 Design

Hello, I would like to design a card with one FPGA XC2V2000, two 18V04 and two ZBT RAMs of 512*36 each... Could you help me to find any solution to connect my FPGA to the EEPROMs and to the ZBT RAMs... Thank you very much for your comprehension and for your help... Please answer me at snipped-for-privacy@alinto.com Yours, Saleem

Reply to
MS

Hi Saleem,

Firstly - unless there are reasons you haven't yet explained I would use the platform flash parts for configuration, not the XC18V04. The XC2V2000 requires 7.5Mbits of config memory so you would be able to use a single

8Mbit part with no problems at all. The platform flash parts are cheaper and available in much larger sizes (see here:

Regarding the ZBT RAMS - please take a look at the following apps note:

Although it was written for Virtex and Spartan series parts, it should give you some ideas. There is also a link to a reference design at the bottom of the pdf. There is also a very good apps note (XAPP802) covering all sorts of memory interfaces here :

Alternatively, Xilinx have a Logicore available here :

I hope that helps,

Best Regards

--
Steve Merritt BEng (Hons) CEng MIEE
XILINX Gold Certified Field Applications Engineer

Steve Merritt wrote: : Hi Saleem,

: Firstly - unless there are reasons you haven't yet explained I would use the : platform flash parts for configuration, not the XC18V04. The XC2V2000 : requires 7.5Mbits of config memory so you would be able to use a single : 8Mbit part with no problems at all. The platform flash parts are cheaper : and available in much larger sizes (see here: :

As with other (Xilinx) parts, availability _is_ a thing to consider...

For example nuhorizons only shows the XCF01 in one single package available...

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Uwe Bonnes

Uwe -

The XCF32 _is_ available now. Please feel free to contact Insight UK for a quote.

Best Regards

--
Steve Merritt BEng (Hons) CEng MIEE
XILINX Gold Certified Field Applications Engineer
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Steve Merritt

Of course - I meant the XCF08 ;)

Steve Merritt BEng (Hons) CEng MIEE
XILINX Gold Certified Field Applications Engineer
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Steve Merritt

Steve Merritt wrote: : Uwe -

: The XCF32 _is_ available now. Please feel free to contact Insight UK for a : quote.

Are you sure, Insight UK is allowed to deliver Xilinx parts to Germany? At least Avnet USA was not...