Virtex-6 XC6VHX380T Master SPI Configuration Problems....

Hello Group.

I'm currently fighting a custom-designed Virtex-6 XC6VHX380T Master SPI loading problem. Everything seems to go smoothely - Clock and Read command (0x03) is given and the PROM returns data to DIN... But loading never stops at the expected point, clock runs on and of course no Config or Done is reached....

Thus - simple question: Are there anybody here that have a working Master SPI loading of the Virtex-6 XC6VHX380T or similar devices in the same family?

Bit data come out of the ISE 13.2 BitGen tool, which have been found to suffer under this "feature":

-

Currently, we are using these options:

-w

-g DebugBitstream:No

-g CRC:Enable

-g ConfigRate:2

-g CclkPin:PullUp

-g M0Pin:PullUp

-g M1Pin:PullUp

-g M2Pin:PullUp

-g ProgPin:PullUp

-g InitPin:Pullup

-g CsPin:Pullup

-g DinPin:Pullup

-g BusyPin:Pullup

-g RdWrPin:Pullup

-g HswapenPin:PullUp

-g TckPin:PullUp

-g TdiPin:PullUp

-g TdoPin:PullUp

-g TmsPin:PullUp

-g Disable_JTAG:No

-g UnusedPin:PullDown

-g UserID:0xFFFFFFFF

-g ConfigFallback:Enable

-g BPI_page_size:1

-g OverTempPowerDown:Disable

-g next_config_addr:0x00000000

-g JTAG_SysMon:Enable

-g DCIUpdateMode:Quiet

-g StartUpClk:CClk

-g DONE_cycle:4

-g GTS_cycle:5

-g GWE_cycle:6

-g Match_cycle:Auto

-g Security:Level1

-g DonePipe:No

-g DriveDone:No

-g Binary:Yes

Are there anything else one should be focused on when setting the -g "options"...?

Thanks in advance for your time & best regards,

Jesper.

Reply to
Jesper Kristensen

Hi Jesper,

Change the next_config_addr to this:

-g next_config_addr:None

That seemed to do the trick for me. Apparently, there was a bug in

13.1 and the bitgen options needed to be tweaked in order to generate a good bit and mcs file.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Reply to
jwwebb

Thanks a lot, Jeremy! That did the trick for me, too! As I suggested above, I was aware of this bitgen "flaw" and had pointed it out to my IP vendor... Unfortunately, they have only little experience with Xilinx, so they thought they had their foot on it... But that's life, I guess. ;-)

Thanks again - Jesper.

Reply to
Jesper Kristensen