Virtex-4 readback via ICAP

I am trying to perform readback of the configuration for a Virtex-4. I followed the steps in the configuration guide, but have had little luck. The ICAP syncs up (output is 0xDF) and never enters ABORT when I give it commands; however, when I disable the ICAP, switch to read mode, and then re-enable the ICAP, the BUSY signal goes high, I do not recieve any configuration data, and the ICAP output remains 0xDF.

Has anyone experienced this problem and know a correction or had success with readback and can inform me of their process?

Thanks.

Reply to
Brac

John Williams' "Partial Reconfiguration on Xilinx Devices" email list is another resource:

The archive is available here:

Paul Hartke

Someone in my lab has been trying to get this working for more than a week. We've previously had success with the V2P's ICAP.

The difficulty we're having in getting the V-4's ICAP working, combined with Xilinx's lack of support of a V-4 capable OPB ICAP controller makes me think either the tools don't currently support the V4's ICAP or there are silicon issues with one, or both, ICAPs.

Why do they need two, anyway?

Stephen

Brac wrote:

Reply to
Stephen Craven

Stephen,

Support for universities and schools is now done through the webcase system. If you submit a case, it should be answered.

Do you have a case number?

Aust> Someone in my lab has been trying to get this working for more than a

Reply to
Austin Lesea

I don't know if we do or not, but I'll check.

In the past I had been rejected from WebCase support as a student, but I'll pass along that support is now available.

Thank you, Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Craven

Stephen,

We used to contract with another university to handle university support, but that went away.

In the interim, we must still support that important group, and the webcase method was the only means that could be used without affecting the commercial customers (who are also important!).

You will not get the same response time as a commecial customer, but I am assured your case will be handled.

Did you also read:

(answer 19893)

page 135

We use ICAP a lot for verification and characterization. There are also cores that use it to get around silicon bugs (by adjusting bits to optimize performance while operating). Make sure you are not trying to use ICAP when something else is already trying to use it, too.

Aust> I don't know if we do or not, but I'll check.

Reply to
Austin Lesea