viewing old aldec/xilinx foundation schematics

Hi, we have a very old project where schematic entry was used using the xil inx foundation 3 software with aldec schematics. New xilinx systems are not able to read these schematics. Is anybody around who still has this softwa re lying around or is able to read such schematics (perhaps using a newer A ldec package?) Would be very very welcome. T. Walstra, university of amsterdam

Reply to
Taco Walstra

foundation 3 software with aldec schematics. New xilinx systems are not able to read these schematics. Is anybody around who still has this software lying around or is able to read such schematics (perhaps using a newer Aldec package?)

I have Foundation 4.1i running under Windows XP. There are no new licenses available for this from Xilinx, however existing licenses still work. What are you trying to accomplish? Do you just need to view the schematics? If so it's possible to make .pdf prints from them. If you need to use the design for updates or to port it to a new architecture, your best hope is to contact Aldec, whose latest products can still read these schematics if I'm not mistaken. Normally I only use Foundation 4.1i to support existing designs that were created ten years ago and run on already obsolete chips.

-- Gabor

Reply to
Gabor

xilinx foundation 3 software with aldec schematics. New xilinx systems are not able to read these schematics. Is anybody around who still has this so ftware lying around or is able to read such schematics (perhaps using a new er Aldec package?)

Hi no pdfs are fine for a start! can Are you willing to help with importing it into foundation and export some pdfs? I can put the files into some dro pbox and invite you to it. Would be very, very welcome (send me a mail: tac owalstra with the extension gmail.com . We are really stuck with this, beca use old foundation is not available anymore. Taco

Reply to
Taco Walstra