Undocumented units in Virtex (I assume in Spartan-II too)

Hi.

I have found "CAPTURE SITE" viewing Virtex die in FPGA editor. (down-left corner of die). The site has two inputs only (clk,cap).

I think that the "CAPTURE" belongs to JTAG functionality, but I am not sure. I can't find any record of the unit (at Xilinx site).

Does somebody know the goal of this unit? (I've find explanation about similar units "RPCILOGIC,LPCILOGIC" in the group only).

Thanks, Sergey.

Reply to
Sergey Yemets

Have a look at this:

Sean Durkin
Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits (IIS)
Am Wolfsmantel 33, 91058 Erlangen, Germany

mailto:23@iis.42.de
([23 , 42]  [durkinsn , fraunhofer])
Reply to
Sean Durkin