TCP/IP stack for GPRS

Hey

Any of you had any experience with running tcp/ip stack on 8051 for GPRS purpose?? Which 8051 uC and TCP/IP stack did you use?? Free ones preferred :-)

Or should I use a different uC like AVR ATMega128 og an ARM7 like Phillips LPC21XX. I've only got experience with 8051 uC....

It's my first GPRS project, any suggestions on my choice of TCP/IP stack??

Regards

Jesper Denmark

Reply to
Jesper

Look at the TC45 from Siemens, it is a Java module and includes the TCP/IP stack.

Pierre

Reply to
Pierre de Vos

You could use a GPRS modem with built in TCP/IP

We use an alphamicro module

and have found it to be pretty good. It uses easy AT commands.

Ross

Reply to
Ross Marchant

Why not using a GSM/GPRS module with a built-in TCP-IP stack ? Cf products from Wavecom, Sony-Erricson, Sagem, Telit, Siemens, etc

Yours,

--
Robert Lacoste
ALCIOM - The mixed signal experts

Hey again

Well TC45 or TC65 is'nt an option, because of it's few i/o pins.

Jesper

Reply to
Jesper

Have many customers which have used the ATmega128 for GPRS connectivity, and most of them want the ATmega256 now. The AT91SAM7S256 ARM7 seems also to be good for this market due to large RAM size (64 kB) which many like.. Only a few customers have received samples of the SAM7S256 yet, but it should be more generally available in a few months.

--
Best Regards
Ulf at atmel dot com
 Click to see the full signature