simulating

Hello, I am relatively new to Xilinx and VHDL programming for that matter. I have currently concluded certain sections of my final design, however I need to test it by imposing signals at inputs to this design. Currently I have had to design vhdl parts that would generate these signals however I would like to these to not be synthesised with the rest of the design. Is there any method by which I can impose more complex signals on the testbench or modelsim? Thanks C

Reply to
chuk

Modelsim is your simulator. A testbench is a text file: a vhdl architecture. containing an instance of your uut entity code. A testbench process can generate any waveform you like, either algorithmically or from a table.

Poke around in here to clarify your question.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler