Reconfigure your dreams: fully reconfigurable computer in DIP40 !

Hi

finally I can announce it:

Reconfigurable "dream" - small and fully reconfigurable computing module.

Designed to be as reconfigurable as possible, eg all of its intelligence is loaded at the boot time. The smart system management controller allows safe update of the OS image as well as the FPGA bitstream over any supported communication channel (LAN or serial or other). Of course the new hardware and OS can simply be copied to the removable media (miniSD) card, no JTAG cable (or any cable) required.

There will be more information on the embedded 2005 in Nurnberg at Xilinx stands (248, 511)

Antti PS if someone wants to meet me in person I will be around booth #511 tomorrow tuesday 12:00

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Hi Antti,

looks good. So I can now stop building my JopStick as your board contains everthing (and more) what I need ;-) However, for my application it's a little bit pricy. A few questions: About USB and Ethernet: Are there only the PHYs on the board and you have to implement it in the FPGA? I can see only one connector - Is this USB or RJ45?

A schematic would be nice to get those questions answered. And a picture from the back side.

Good work would be interesting to get JOP running on it, Martin

---------------------------------------------- JOP - a Java Processor core for FPGAs:

Martin Schoeberl

"Martin Schoeberl" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:aIiSd.62024$ snipped-for-privacy@news.chello.at...

module.

Hi Martin!

please dont stop designing the JOPstick

- as you said different price categories and the world is big enough for all of us :)

the connector on board is OTG mini AB

10/100 LAN requires external RJ45 with magnetics.

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

So where are the prices ?

Seems this would have a range of prices, as the FPGA changes, so the smallest one would suit JOP ?

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Does the IrDA optics HW support FIR ( 4Mb/s) and VFIR (16 Mb/s) ? ( and/or Remote control ? )

Been interested in testing VFIR, but as yet, not much in the HW support, but the newest optics do.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Small oops - I see the Web table excludes USB-480Mb on the Model 10, but the PDF info includes that ? Which is correct ?

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

I've found EUR 295,- for a S3-1000 populated board at the hydraXC shop (but it's in german - easy for me ;-)

1808 LCs, 47% of the S3-200, as ported to the S3 Starter Kit ;-) For Antti's board we would need a few LCs more for the SDRAM controller. BTW: Are there SDRAM, USB and Ethernet controller (in VHDL) available for your board?

As, I'm also considering an SD card for the FPGA configuration and user data I'm very interested in your solution. How do you manage the fall back configuration? All this is done in a CPLD? You're doing a minimal FAT in the CPLD?

Martin

Reply to
Martin Schoeberl

Looks nice. Is there a pricing and availability page in English?

Thanks, Eric

Reply to
Eric Smith

S3-1000 fitted module includes USB

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Looks very nice, I think I will buy one. I was considering to buy a Xess XSA-3S1000 and modify it to be configurable over USB and have a LVDS port instead of VGA, but your board has already everything! (And much more.)

I would like to know more about it, especially about the LCD-TFT and touch-panel connector and the system management thingy. Can you connect it directly to a TFT panel that I happen to have lying around? Can you configure the FPGA directly from USB without having to write the bitstream to the flash? That sort of questions.

Essentially, I would really like to look at the schematics of the HydraCX. Is that possible?

Reply to
Marius Vollmer