recommendation for JTAG Boundary Scan software??

Can anyone recommend some rea$onable software for doing JTAG boundary scan? I have a design with some CPLD's that are Boundary scan capable so I thought it would be a nice way to look for shorts or opens on the boards. But I certainly am not looking to pay thousands of dollars for it. I have downloaded the files defining the boundary from Altera's site, but now I need the software to use it......preferably windows based. I could boot linux if that is the only option.

Thanks

Reply to
Matt Clement

It's an excellent way to debug boards that don't boot. And worth the money for commercial use. Probably not worth the time or money otherwise. There is significant development time, even with the best tools.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

mike

what kind of money are we talking for commercial use? what software packages would you suggest or recommend?

thanks

Reply to
Matt Clement

About $16K per seat.

corelis

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

I've used onTap in the past, although not extensively. It was fairly easy to use and I believe it costs about $2,500.

John Providenza

Reply to
johnp

Reply to