Re: Schematic Edition Tool : Suggestions

'it allows for almost direct "brain-to-PC" connection'

which surely is the whole point (well, 99%) of a schematic editor. it sounds as though you have an unconventional but near-ideal solution - be proud!

Just don't get me started on schematic editors and how bad they are, why... (I said don't...!)

Bedrich's original message re-formatted:

You may wonder but we make almost all our designs in OrCAD SDT 386+. For us (no flame, please! ;-) it is the best design entry tool ever. We drawn compact libraries for Spartan2+ and Virtex FPGAs, we modified the EDIF 2 0 0 netlister and we created an interface for embedding VHDL blocks into the schematics. Although this old program has some disadvantages in today's Windows envirinment, it allows for almost direct "brain-to-PC" connection than other, not so user's friendly tools before we will create our own one. And the 2D schematics is significantly more suitable for parallel tasks in FPGA than text files description. Last note - even large projects are composed from small block, so I do not agree the argument that schematics is not well suited for large designs...

Reply to
Tim at this Newsgroup