Re: Latches

Joel, The second process is a combinatorial process. All signals must be assigned a value for all conditions, or a latch is generated, which presumes that the value of the last condition should be kept in the absence of a new assignment.

e.g. when Request_Bus =>

if( data_valid = '1') then req

Reply to
newman5382

Thanks for the explaination. I seem to recall something about this from my class. I guess I should have taken better notes.

Joel

Reply to
Weddick