Re: Is a Virtex-II Pro family a hands-down winner for DSP ?

The M512 has a much coarser granularity, and is not nearly as localized as the SRL16's in Xilinx. This becomes very apparent with reloadable DA filters, as the size of the M512 makes for a less than optimum DA lut. In any event, to get the most from any given architecture, you have to design to the architecture, hence my comment about staying in whatever you are comfortable with.

Peter Sommerfeld wrote:

I haven't used Xilinx parts so I don't know how an SRL is more > reconfigurable than the Stratix's TriMatrix memories (ie M512, etc). > Using a dual-port M512 in a design means I can use it as LUT and > simultaneously reconfigure in through the other port. Why are you > saying the SRL is the only reloadable LUT out there? > > -- Pete

--

--Ray Andraka, P.E. President, the Andraka Consulting Group, Inc.

401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950 email snipped-for-privacy@andraka.com

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Reply to
Ray Andraka