Re: board - T562.jpg

Women do.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

You embarass yourself - constantly.

No, it's YOUR students who are forced to attend. Mine are all paying volunteers.

??? Head injury recently?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

--
And why wouldn't they?  They think of you as one of them.
Reply to

--
Wrong again.  Mine were all voluntary students, but the Army paid
the tab.

Actually, I quit teaching long ago since I found out that "Them that
can, do. Them that can't, teach."
Reply to
John Fields

They're all straight - unlike you.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Which is far from true. Some of us do it all.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I used to teach formally (and any of us not effectively teaching are not doing the job right anyway), and my take is:

Those that can, teach. Those that can't become managers

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

--
I can, but so far I haven't seen a lot from you design-wise that
says you can too.  Got anything you'd like to share?  And these are

--
Ho-hum... Yes, Homer, they're straight.  What does that say about
you?

You have it wrong, it's...

Those that can, do.

Those that can't, flip burgers.

Those that can't flip burgers, work check-out at Fry's Electronics.

Those that can't work check-out at Fry's Electronics, teach.

Those that can't teach, become managers.

Those that can't manage, they hang out on S.E.D hiding behind some hideous nom de plume.

...Jim Thompson

You want a description of the HVAC systems I designed for multi story buildings? They ran over 100 pages for the maintenance manual and 40 full sized drawings IIRC.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Try to follow along. Straight women prefer straight men. That's what it says about me.

And you?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Ain't that the truth!

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

"Jim Thompson" isn't THAT hideous a nom de plume.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Amusing

I was actually being serious for a moment. Teachers (as opposed to lecturers) must have a fire inside if they are actually _teachers_. The best teachers _are_designers, for that reason. I was not always the most popular, but I was always the most respected.

I happen to respect your abilities (not that I always say so) because I know what design takes; indeed I am a designer, of boards not chips. Do you know what it takes to _really_ teach? (that's not a rhetorical question).

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

[snip]

I taught at a school for technicians from around 1964 until 1974.

And I've given numerous lectures and seminars (I wrote AND taught all the ICE analog stuff years ago).

I even substituted for Barry Gilbert, when he took ill in 1986 (?, yep, checked my old passport)), teaching a week-long seminar at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, teaching bipolar chip design alongside Willy Sansen, who taught the CMOS stuff.

I offered to teach for free at Scottsdale Community College, but was turned down... no "teacher's certificate" :-(

And I agree with you, teachers have the "fire". I am where I am now because of teachers with "fire"... I particularly still fondly remember Evelyn Truchovesky, my 8th grade Algebra teacher ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Geez, Homer, it went right over your head, it seems.

Or you're trying to dodge, more likely. What I said was that women liked you (actually, "thought you were pretty" I think was the phrase) because they considered you to be one of them. Kind of like a "Will and Grace" arrangement, get it?

--
JF
Reply to

Late at night, by candle light, "Homer J Simpson" penned this immortal opus:

Would you two get a room already?

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to

He's too busy with all of his secret gay Repugnicant playmates.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

No. Never watched it. I've heard a lot of gays do.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson