Problem with Nios Development Board (Cyclone)

Hello,

I've quickly written AHDL code ( out = !in ), assigned out to the led pin and in to the on-off switch pin. Then I downloaded that code into Cyclone using ByteblasterII. Quartus reported that everything gone fine.

BUT...

....all the leds started to blink (including the error led). It seemed like my design was being loaded then configuration controller realized that something was not right and was reprogramming Cyclone again and again and again and.....

Does anybody know how to successfully program that Cyclone chip on the Nios Development Board?

I'll be very gratefull for any help.

thanks in advance! Marcin Olak

Reply to
Marcin Olak

Hello,

A simple design THAT WORKS for Quartus 4 Web Edition would be also all right : )

greetings! Marcin Olak

Reply to
Marcin Olak

Hi, Marcin I got the same problem like you yesterday. What I do is: From the quartus menu assignments->device->device & pin Options ->Unused Pins The default is As outputs, driving ground, change it to "As inputs, tri-stated", then recompile the design. If u still have problem, please mail me, I may send u a simple design.

Reply to
NoThisRAT

Hi Marcin,

You need to set pld_RECONFIGREQ_n pin to '1'. I have no idea why Quartus defaults all unused pins to gnd instead of tri-stating them.

You might also want to change your language to VHDL or Verilog, much better on your CV :-)

Hans

Hans