OT:Shooting Ourselves in the Foot

Try looking at the evidence from the DNA, dummy.

Not really - we haven't got DNA from any of them, but we can be pretty confident that their ancestors came out of Africa.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

and

You may see it as bullshit, but I guess your discrimination has to be totally shot if you can vote for Dubya. Found any weapons of mass destruction recently?

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

Dear me. You have yet to prove that Europe is declining.

If it were you'd have to prove that the decline was due to the failure of the native Europeans to reproduce at the replacement rate - most of us happen to think that the current population density would be unsustainably high if we weren't importing lots of stuff, so we aren't too worried about the prospect of a declining population twenty-odd years from now.

And you seen happy to neglect the malnutrition problem that you do have in raising kids in the U.S. In Europe, former Yugoslavia, The Czech Republic, Hungary and Romania do worse, but everybody else does appreciably better.

Persistent juvenile malnutrition isn't good for intellectual development, and we do seem to see a lot of evidence of this on this user group.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

Besides myself, three of the companies I've purchased pick and place machines from, and one of the two reflow ovens I've purchased. All have there businesses established in, or just outside of, small farming towns in Texas, Ohio, Indiana, and Missouri. The texas company was the largest, probably the largest employer in the town with about 200 employees, in three renovated aggricultural wharehouses buildings totalling well over

100,000sqft. Full pcb line, a building full of plastic injection machines, and high tech clean room assembling high precision instruments and some military electronics. The Ohio and Indiana shops where similar, just smaller. The missouri shop was also pretty good sized, probably 100 plus heads.

Many grew up in the area, went off to college, came back home and joined these established businesses and where also working the farm too. When I worked for Symbios In Kanasas, there were a number of staff that would leave for a couple days when it was time to harvest the milo or wheat, or it had just rained and they need to a couple days to get the tractor and grain drill in the field to plant seed. Then they would be back at work. Good engineers, not chasing high dollar city paychecks.

Reply to
fpga_toys

Make some sense, asshole.

Are you saying that an African's DNA is somehow a precursor to yours? Are you a Nazi? I stated obvious facts about African culture, and you start talking about DNA.

Reply to
Bryan Hackney

A similar saying I have heard:

In theory, theory and reality are the same, but in reality, they're different.

--Mac

Reply to
Mac

Many are using their one time exemption to flee, where the equity will purchase a home and business free and clear before the bubble bursts. Often this is retirement driven, as the taxes on the now million dollar family tract home are excessive. But increasingly I've seen engineers that have been consulting pickup their families and expand their business outside the tech hubs. Pheonix and Utah have seen a huge influx of people from Calif with a half million dollars cash in hand to buy high end properties, and it's created a huge bubble in those markets too. The Small Business grants/loans are now distributed by state as well, to foster distribution of high tech jobs into the non-coastal areas to move the jobs, offsetting unemployment costs, and other social services costs, into stale agricultural areas that have been declining for the last several decades.

The whole alternative energies program has similar provisions pushing targets to distribute the production of solar, wind and other production facilities away from existing costal centers and share the job/revenue benefits across the states instead of centralizing it again.

The government is much more likely to help you in the form of tax breaks, incentive programs, and access to contracts if you get outside the big cities. So for those that want to follow the american dream and become a small business owner designing, building or selling software or high tech products there is a good reason to consider taking your equity, buying a home and business free and clear, and following that dream nearly debt free, worry free, as compared to sitting on a million dollar mortgage that the banker takes most of your paycheck with.

Reply to
fpga_toys

Sorry to hear about your personal problems, Fred. Never mind, carpet slippers, cocoa and the crossword can be very satisfying in their way.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

In the US, the Telegraph would be banned as a left-wing, commie, freedom- hating, raghead- loving propoganda sheet. I must send our Jim a copy of the Guardian sometime... no better not, I don't want to be charged with homicide.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

That might be true if you define literacy by the ability to read printed text, which would of course exclude all blind persons. At least I would consider a person capable of reading Braille and type to be literate.

At least where I live, the birth rate of severely mentally handicapped children incapable of learning to read or write is _well_ below 1/100, even 1/1000 seems to be a high figure.

Since the literacy rate is supposed to be a measure of the effectiveness of the education system, thus, once literate, always literate, so unconsciousness, alzheimer etc. should not effect the literacy rate.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

Most of this types of messages in comp.arch.embedded at least are from lazy students who post "do my homework, please" messages. Some of these are smart enough to invent some "explanation" that this is not homework.

If this kind of laziness and dishonesty would be common in growing economies, the western world would not have anything to worry about. Unfortunately, this kind of posts are from the lowest part of their class only. Thus, most part is smart enough to find out the solution to their homework themselves and thus no need to ask in the usenet.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

The prof's and TA's read news too ... what better way to help these guys OUT of engineering school that to really do it line for line for them so it's a clear case of plagurism? At least the dumbest of the dumb will be replaced by someone waiting :)

Reply to
fpga_toys

I very much doubt that most professors in growing economies have ever heard about usenet news.

While it appears that usenet news will sooner or later appear on other forums than groups.google.com, it takes some time for these messages to be visible with ordinary google search expressions. Some lazy students might try to use this delay.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

Give the guy a chance he is only suffering from

Irritable Daily Mail Syndrome [1]

There is no known cure...

[1] Daily Mail being a UK newspaper with such editorial ability to complain about asylum seekers getting assitance with housing, then two weeks later complain about the number of homesless asylum seekers on the streets!

Sensible causes to follow is not their strong point, where as knee jerk reactions with made up facts is.

    PC Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

Of course they have, there are large numbers of delivery systems with range of many thousands of miles, carrying biological weapons, unfortunately they are called DUCKS !

    PC Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

Now, this is funny! You talk about literacy, and then you get the name wrong. It is Doctor Seuss, who's real name was Ted Geisel.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

How about the book titles and printing dates?

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

... or indeed "*whose* name was" etc.

Steve

Steve at fivetrees

It sounds like a consistent cause to me-- they and their readers viscerally dislike foreigners, but can't come out and say it directly.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

That's a tricky one.

For the most part ( fascists and the like aside ) the UK population seems to be very comfortable with the very broad mix of races and nationalites we have here.

The 'asylum seeker' however is often seen to be questionable. Many are simply economic migrants aiming to be able to bypass normal immigration rules. Many simply 'vanish' into obscurity when their case is refused and quite a few have been shown to be associated with serious organised crime.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear