Open-source CableServer for Impact on sourceforge.net

The patches seem right, but the whole thing doesn't work when the windrvr6 module is unloaded.

Bye

-- Uwe Bonnes snipped-for-privacy@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt

Uwe Bonnes

I've tested Impact without windriver and was working. Unfortunately I have no access to Impact running on Linux :(

Zoltan

Uwe B> > Uwe,

Reply to
zcsizmadia

If they are using the HAL.DLL functions READ_PORT_UCHAR, WRITE_PORT_UCHAR (or WRITE_PORT_xxx, READ_PORT_xxx). This is suggested by MS instead of using in/out directly.

I've checked xpc4drvr.sys. It's using READ_PORT_UCHAR and WRITE_PORT_UCHAR. This should be fairly simple.

Unfortunately windriver6 implemented all of these functions (I guess because of Linux). I've opened it a disassembler, and they have a bunch of small wrapper functions to read/write I/O. Those functions can be hooked, but it would be nasty.

Zoltan

Antti wrote:

Reply to
zcsizmadia

Given how inexpensive the digilent USB cable is, seems like it would make sense to get that working and just forget about the xilinx usb cable?

Reply to
cs_posting

That sounds as much like an invitation to a solution as a problem... the FX2 chip has decent documentation, right? And you can figure out which pin should be supplying the CPLD... so change the firmware to be downloaded accordingly. And then go after the data signals if it still doesn't work.

Reply to
cs_posting

Do you plan to merger xilprg and cblsrv?

Uwe Bonnes

I don't know yet. The CableServer protocol is really close to svf format, so to implement the different device program/erase/read functions should be easy.

If people will add patches to cblsrv and will support a lots of different 3rd party cables, then probably yes. I think there could be a cblhost project with a built in cblsrv, so on alocal machine you don't have to start 2 applications, and still can connect to a remote cblsrv.

But right now probably not. Unfortunately I have only 2 kinds of programmer cable (Par III, and Digilent USB JTAG), so I wait for other people to make patches for their loved cables :)

Zoltan

Uwe B> > Hi All,

Reply to
zcsizmadia

Let's make an open-hardware embedded CableServer/cable, say an Atmel SAM7X with PHY and a Coolrunner, or a Spartan3 with Microblaze/MAC/PHY?

Henk van Kampen www.mediatr> Hi All,

Reply to
henk