Need examples/instruction: use of altpll_reconfig (Altera)

For some reason, I'm not getting how to create the various .mif files to initialize enhanced PLLs with Quartus II. I'm trying to target a Stratix II device. The situation that I'm in will require me to reconfigure the PLL's divisors dependent upon the state of an input pin on the FPGA.

Anyone got a step-by-step set of instructions that cleary describe how to do this?

Reply to
Bob

Hi Bob, Please see if the user guide available at

answers your questions. If it does not do sen me email.

H> For some reason, I'm not getting how to create the various

Reply to
Subroto Datta

Hi Bob, also check out

which will have more Stratix II specific > Hi Bob,

at

Subroto Datta

Hi;

I went back to look at this topic again (had other fires to fight first).

For the life of me, I can't find the divide-by-6 or divide-by-12 value in the .MIF file that Quartus generates (hopefully I recompiled the project correctly -- no instructions in the downloaded example files for example #1).

I've put a ticket into Altera's "mySupport" helpdesk, asking for more detailed info on how to do this. (My local supplier's FAE hasn't run into using ALTPLL and ALTPLL_RECONFIG cases yet).

-Bob

Subroto Datta wrote:

at

Bob