My Spartan3 video

Hi, I'm not sure, if I posted it allready, but here is my video again :

- Thorsten

Reply to
Thorsten Kiefer

Wow! I'm dizzy. Have you thought about getting a tripod? Or at least reducing your caffeine intake? ;-)

Nice work :-)

-- Gabor

Reply to
Gabor

No sorry, caffeine is my basic food :D

Thanks

Reply to
Thorsten Kiefer

Have you tried to see how many iterations you can fit in if you do this in parallel realtime, and maybe add a fixed # of frames delay (using mem for saving temporary result) to expand # of iterations?

Reply to
Morten Leikvoll

"Thorsten Kiefer" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5028fb5f$0$3601$ snipped-for-privacy@read.cnntp.org...

Hi Thorsten,

on April 6 2012 you posted some code on pastebin.com but it is not there any more. Would you please post it again

..bw

Reply to
bw

Am 16.08.2012 12:19, schrieb bw:

Hi bw, here it is again :

Is it useful for you ?

Best Regards Thorsten

Reply to
Thorsten Kiefer

Am 15.08.2012 13:42, schrieb Morten Leikvoll:

The FPGA is 95% full with 18bit floating point. On this chip, parallelization is not possible.

Reply to
Thorsten Kiefer

I guess this is because you spent lots of logic on a microcontroller and code? What you need is the simplest form of communication to set the parameters, a fixed mode video generator and and an iteration deep pipelined approximator, and some maybe adaptive color LUT.. The communication could be as simple as a shift register to set coordinates. The videogenerator is easy. The approximator too is plain easy. The LUT I have to think over to get a good result, but a quick and dirty should be easy. Putting it together is just "smop" ;)

Try searhing for "realtime fpga mandelbrot" on youtube and a few similar one pops up.

Reply to
Morten Leikvoll