Reply to
rickman

Dunno Windows much -- are you logged in as an administrator? Can't help you much more than that: my IT brain is at choir practice right now.

--
Tim Wescott
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

#1 son says you can right-click an executable, get a menu, and run as administrator, but had nothing else in the way of stunning cleverness.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

I found the problem. I was trying to install the service pack only. I thought the file was 11.7 *with* the service pack. It's all working now.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Cool. I hope the workshop goes well!

--
Tim Wescott
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Yes, it was one of the better workshops I've attended. They used a board with the Igloo2 on it and I wanted one with the SmartFusion2. I'm told I just need to get in touch with the Microsemi guy who left a bit early and I can get one.

I just had a beer with a few of the guys and they are a pretty nice crowd.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Was it Peter Trott giving the workshop, or are you in the US?

I have created a product with sf2 and it is a very plesant chip to work wit h.

.

You have to wait until you start submitting support cases until you jugde t he crowd. I have never had any problems talking sensible to the guys at the microsemi stand at exhibitions, but support come out of india, and that ma y be a bit tedious.

--
Svenn
Reply to

US. I have their cards, but I am terrible at remembering names. I don't recall a Peter Trott though. Mostly it was Future guys, the disti who sponsored the event. Brett Clark and Norm Palmer were two of the Microsemi guys. The presenter was... sorry, just can't remember.

The reason why I went was because I have a SF2 board from Avnet which has some nice peripherals. But the documentation is not so good and there isn't much software other than the couple of exercises. I found out this is because Avnet is no longer a Microsemi disti. I've asked for a SF2 version of the board used in the workshop. The one they supplied was just an Igloo2 and not the SF2.

Yeah, I got lots of that with Lattice. I'd ask for information and they would run me around rather than try to come up with an answer. The local FAE is the guy who gives me useful support. One answer I got allowed me to save around $2000 on the last build.

--

Rick C
Reply to