Xilinx USB cable in Fedora 7

I was wondering about peoples success/failure getting the USB cable working in Fedora 7? I am running 64 bit F7 but am running 32 bit ISE. I am trying to use Michael's driver.

The USB cable is the DLC9G.

The driver seemed to compile fine with the lib32 flag. I did need to install fxload. After that, I get a green light on the cable (without fxload there was no light), and lsusb shows that the device ID changed to: Bus 007 Device 020: ID 03fd:0008 Xilinx, Inc.

Running impact shows:

Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB21). Checking cable driver. File version of /opt/Xilinx9.2/bin/lin/xusbdfwu.hex = 1030. File version of /etc/hotplug/usb/xusbdfwu.fw/xusbdfwu.hex = 1021. libusb-driver.so version: 2007-10-08 06:43:55. Please run `source ./setup_pcusb` from the /opt/Xilinx9.2/bin/lin directory with root privilege to update the firmware. Disconnect and then reconnect the cable from the USB port to complete the driver update. Cable connection failed.

So it does seem to find the driver, and the xusbdfwu.hex file (and I did run setup_pcusb from Xilinx9.2).

So just curious if others got this working in F7, and were there any special steps needed?

Reply to
Duane Clark

Here is a description on how I got it working in Ubuntu 7.04:

Maybe it can be of some help.

Sven

Reply to
svenand