MicroBlaze Platform simulator is available (can run uCLinux!)

first public version of the simulator is available for downloads

There are still known bugs and many planned features are not yet implemented but current version is already able to execute pre-built uClinux demo images from John Williams website :)

Implemented is minimal mbvanilla platform support including INTC, UART, Timer, GPIO. SystemACE read only support has also been tested (can mount /dev/xsysace as disk)

Please note that the Simulator is an W2K/XP Application! It comes with minimal installer and uninstaller, the kernel loader and kernel images are included all ready to be tested!

Comments and bugreports are welcome! Any many thanks to the project sponsors of course :)

As a sidenote, has anyone noticed that OpenCores OR1K instruction set is VERY VERY similar to Microblaze? Was a surprise to me :) Well I guess many generic 32 bit RISC instruction sets are have similarities.

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats