Low cost altera board

Came across this

Just wondering if anyone has one or has tried one?

Designed for multimedia. EP1C6Q248C8 vga , tvout , audio out(line out) , ps2 , rs232 , usb programming cf card , config prom , 16 bit audio , 1MB flash + 8MB ram. Looks quite good for US$149

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

I dare say. Run through the getting started manual and it doesn't seem to shabby. On page 46 they even remind you to take a rest :-) Too bad it's such a tiny FPGA and so little memory.

Tommy

Reply to
Tommy Thorn

I emailed their support line to see if they can supply the board with a 1C12 and they replied that an updated 2C20/2C35 is in the make. They offered to replace the board as soon as the 2C20/2C35 becomes available (obviously you need to pay the price difference :-).

Hans.

Hans

These guys appear to be pretty strong in the customer-service department. I ordered one of their boards and they actually UPS overnighted it from Taiwan to the US for $20 shipping.

The board powered up fine, and has a lot of stuff on it to play with (a la the Spartan 3 boards), but I haven't had time to install the software and mess with it as of yet.

-- john

Note: My E-mail address has been altered to avoid spam

John Miles