need low cost linux box

Hello,

I'm looking for a low cost box with the following specs:

- At least Pentium 200MHz or compliant processor

- 128Mb RAM or more

- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet interface

- TV out (S-VIDEO, SCART, ... at least PAL, if possible NTSC as well)

- IR port (for remote control - the remote may be an option)

- Audio out

- Price < 100 EURO preferably

- Either Compact Flash card slot, flash disk or other storage medium (>

250 MB)

The following features are optional:

- WiFi network interface

- Pre-installed Linux and JSE6 runtime

- Possibility to connect hard drive

- VGA output

- Possibility to enable/disable the TV output from software

If you should know of such a box, please let me know.

Thanks a lot, Sven.

Reply to
sven

sven ha scritto:

IMHO you have to spend at least 250 euro Tell me if you find such system for that price ;-)

--
       _
.-._.=\-.

You maybe able to get a low end PDA for this. An IPAQ/Familiar linux distribution will probably work. It would have everything except the TV Out which you'd probably need a CF card to do.

OR you're basically describing a TIVO box. I know the TIVO Ones had 50 MHz PPC and are very hackable. Not sure about th enewer Tivos.

-Clark

Reply to
cpope

Hello,

the (german?) D-Box2 might be an option, although the main specs are way too low... it is a set-top box for the PayTV Premiere Digital in Germany.

Nope, only 66 Mhz PPC

32 Mb, upgradeable to 64 Mb (but: IDE interface) or via soldering...

Only 10 MBit/s.

Yes, SCART (in and out), PAL is possible; driver is supported via linux framebuffer.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes, about 50-70 Euro on eBay, but not produced anymore. The IDE interface costs something, too; I think it is some 20-40 Euros. But the circuit plans and codes are freely available IIRC, so you can build it yourself.

250 MB) There is an user-made IDE interface which plugs into the memory slot, but provides no DMA modes (only PIO 3 or 4).

No.

Linux - you have to "hack" the box yourself, and there is Kaffe. I don't know if the box is fast enough for more.

Via IDE interface.

No.

Yes, done in standby mode.

The price is something under 100 Euros. I don't think you can get something (new) with less money. Another approach would be to use some old notebook computers from that era. But again - you'd need additional work and most probably no support from the vendor.

Regards, Sebastian

Reply to
Sebastian

Thanks for all the help, but I'm looking for a box that's still being produced and available in 'higher' volumes for a price around 100 Euros.

Thanks, Sven.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sebastian schreef:

Reply to
sven

Hi, Sven I think we can suft

that has one low-cost IP STB with embedded software.

Rgds, Robert Kao

Reply to
robert kao

Below 100 euro will be very difficult, but have a look at TS7300 from

IR can be located on PC104 extension board. Runs debian linux 2.4 taco

Reply to
Taco