Logic Analyzer for FPGAs

I would like to know which logic analyzers others are using in the industry. What make and model logic analyzer do you use and what are your likes / dislikes about it? Is anyone using an analyzer not made by Agilent or Tektronix, and are you happy with it?

I am specifically looking at stand alone (or host PC based) type analyzers and not the type that are cores like Xilinx's ChipScope (I am fully aware of the benefits that ChipScope provides). Some of the other features that I am looking at are timing / state analysis, complex triggering (on patterns, etc), LVPECL and TTL levels, clock rates of 200MHz, high memory depth (128K or more), portability, user friendly GUI, data export capabilities, etc.

Is there equipment (manufacturer) that I need to avoid?

Thanks for your help!

Thom

Reply to
Thom Drake

Thom,

Try one of the Logic Analysers available from Acute.

-pradeep

industry.

of

patterns,

(128K

Reply to
philip

I don't know what is inside these products, but for lovers of recursion it is almost certainly one or more FPGAs.

Ditto the somewhat less expensive stuff at

to which I contributed the design errors ;-)

Reply to
Tim

Sorry to be boring and ask the same again(well six months later) but when is the api gong to be available ?

You guys keep saying soon.

Reply to
Alex Gibson